Saturday, August 20, 2011

8/20/11

Lectio: Mt 16.13-20

“He [Jesus] said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am’?” Mt 16.15

“ O God, You wonderfully revealed Your Son to us.

I remember when Jesus asked His disciples, ‘Who do you say that I am?’, Peter responded, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.’ Wow! Not only did You send the Messiah, but He is Your only begotten Son!

Grant that I may answer Jesus’ question with Peter’s words and with the addition of ‘and my brother and my beloved.’

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the question ‘Who do you say that I am?’ It is a question that must be answered by all for it the foundation of our relationship with Jesus. In prayer thank God for the gift of faith that enables me to declare that Jesus is my Lord and savior and my beloved brother through baptism who loves me with an everlasting love.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 23.13-22 or Lk 1.26-38

No comments:

Post a Comment