Saturday, August 27, 2011

8/27/11

Lectio: Mt 16.21-27

“He [Jesus] turned to Peter, ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are an obstacle to me. You are thinking not as God does, but as human being do’.” Mt 16.23

“ O God, how often we can’t understand how You permit bad things to happen to good people - for we know You are All-good.

I remember even Peter got it wrong when he remonstrated against Jesus when Jesus said that He had to suffer and die - but You knew and Jesus knew the big picture, that Jesus’ victory over death would be our victory, too.

Grant that I may always have humility in the face of the mystery of suffering to realize I am thinking as a human being does and not as You do and then leave it there.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “thinking like a human being” - It is impoverished, it is often is wrong, it is often subjective, it rarely sees the big picture - yet it is God’s gift to us and we must use it to the best of our ability but realize its limitation and it will serve us well.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mk 6.17-29

No comments:

Post a Comment