Thursday, December 11, 2014

12.11.14


Lectio: Lk 1.26-38                      

Meditatio: "Mary said, ‘Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word’.” Lk 1.38a

Oratio: O God, You gave us the perfect role model in Mary.

I remember she trusted Your word saying in effect ‘Thy will be done.’ It is the same response Your Son taught us how to pray. May I pray the Our Father with full meaning and Mary our mother through grace,  will be pleased with us for doing whatever the Father wants of us.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "I...handmaid....done ...me”; Mary promptly and willingly submitted to the  will of God and she taught Her son to do the same and He did. He taught us to do the same. Seek the grace to do the Father’s will in all things.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 17.9a,10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment