Friday, May 8, 2015

5.06. to 5.08.15

 5.06.25

 Lectio: Jn 15.9-11

 Meditatio: "As the Father loves me, so I love you. Remain in my love." Jn 15.9

 Oratio: O God, who or what are we, that Your Son should love us so?

 I remember Jesus urged us to remain in His love for He loves us as You love Him. In prayer thank Jesus for loving us so and to return that love to Him and to You, Our Father.

 I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
 and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

 Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

 Operatio: reflect:"Father loves me...remain...love"; with a great love Jesus loves us and urges us to remain in His love.  Seek the grace to keep the commandments for that is how Jesus said we would remain in His love and  His commandments are not burdensome and call us to be a person of love for others.

 Tomorrow's reading: Jn 15.22-31



5.07.15

Lctio: Jn 15.12-17

Meditatio: "You are my friends if you do what I command you." Jn 15.14

Oratio: O God, how well Your Son treats us!

I remember Jesus declared that we are His friends. Pray that I may always love as I ought for I so much want to please Jesus.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio:  reflect:"You...friends...do...command"; Jesus calls us His friends but as any good friend we need to be supportive of Him.  Seek the grace to do what He commands and to know what He commands for that is all He asks of us.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 15.18-21


5.08.15

 Lectio    Jn 15.18-21                                                                                                      

 Meditatio: "If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first.” Jn 15.18                                                  
Oratio: O God, how well you prepared us for discipleship.                                

 I remember Jesus declared that He was hated and we can expect the same. But He also assures us that He would be with us always. In prayer look not for favors but for faithfulness in following the Lord and all will work out.

 I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
 and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

 Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

 Operatio: reflect: "world hates....hated...first”; no disciple is greater than his master so Jesus was hated and we can expect to be hated too. Seek the grace to rely on the Lord on all things and in all situations and the hatred of the world will have no power over us.

 Tomorrow's reading: Jn 15.9-17

No comments:

Post a Comment