Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5.12.15


Lectio:  Jn 16.5-11                     
                 
Meditatio: "But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.” Jn 16.7

Oratio:  "O God, even in His dying Your Son was most mindful of us.              

I remember at the last Supper, Jesus consoled His disciples by telling them that He would not leave them alone but when send the Holy Spirit to them as their Advocate. Pray always that the Holy Spirit will come and fill our hearts with His grace and love so that we will always respond rightly to the Father’s will..

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father  and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.


Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.
   
Operatio: reflect on "better....I go....Advocate ...come”; Jesus  sends the Spirit to us so that we would not be alone.   Seek the grace to be open to the promptings of the Spirit for He has the mission to guide us on our journey to the  kingdom and He will if we listen to Him..     

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 16.12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment