Friday, May 29, 2015

5/29/15

  Mk 11.27-33              
                         

Meditatio: “Jesus said to them, ‘I shall ask you one question. Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things.’.” Mk 11.29

Oratio: “O God, the religious elite should have been to first to recognize Your Son and His mission.

I remember they tried to trap Jesus into giving an anser that they could convict of blasphemy by His own words - How sad! But Jesus turned the table on them and they showed their stripes. Pray to be open to the many ways God reveals Himself and rejoice in the encounter.

Grant that I may always remember God is there for me in good times and in times of need and always turn to him with praise, thanksgiving and requests.

 I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the  Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

 Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "answer me....tell you...authority”; the religious leader tried to trap Jesus by His answer on whose authority He did what He did; but they were thwarted by Jesus’ reply. Seek the grace to be honest and forthright in dealing with others for that is Jesus’ way.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 28.16-20           

No comments:

Post a Comment