Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5.03.11

Lectio: Jn 3.16-21

Meditatio: “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.” Jn 3.16

Oratio "O God, how great is Your love for us! I remember You sent Jesus so that we might not perish but have eternal life - How generous of You! How loving of You!
Grant that I may show my gratitude and my love by actively living my faith in Jesus so that my works reflect light to others.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the Jn 3.16 - It is one of the best known verses of the Bible - But it is so important that I show my love for others in order to accept this great promise. Resolve to make the corporal and spiritual works of mercy part of my on-going spirituality for that is the best way to insure that my works will be “light” for others and it is the best way to say “Thank You, God.”

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 3.31-36

No comments:

Post a Comment