Friday, May 27, 2011

5.27.11

Lectio: Jn 15.18-21

"If the world hates you, realize it hated me first.” Jn 15.18
"O God, how terrible we are - returning hatred for love!

I remember Jesus told His disciples they will encounter hatred because the world hated Him first - Why? Could it be the world is all about me, while Christ was always all about the other.

Grant that I may truly love others and that will be my sure defense against the world’s hatred.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on hatred - What are its dynamics? Aren’t pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy and sloth often present in varying degrees? Resolve to practice the virtues which are the opposites of these capital sins and the world’s hatred will be thwarted in its effects on me.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 14.15-21

No comments:

Post a Comment