Thursday, May 26, 2011

5.25.11

Lectio: Jn 15.9-11

"If you keep my commandments ,you will remain in my love, just as I kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.” Jn 15.10

"O God, You have made our relationship with You simple.

I remember Jesus told His disciples at the Last Supper to keep the commandments and they will remain in His love.
Grant that I may always keep the commandments and my joy will be complete.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the commandments and love - Love is the result of right relationship and not just a good emotion. Love is the underpinnings of the commandments. Love is the guide for all actions and joy is its fruit. Resolve to love in all situations and then do what love prompts.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 15.12-17

5.26.11

Lectio: Jn 15.12-17

"You are my friends if you do what I have commanded you.” Jn 15.14
"O God, Your Son’s friends are Your friends, too, because of the unity of the Trinity.

I remember Your Son made it easy for us to be His friend - simply love others.
Grant that the Law of Love may always be in my mind, and in my heart, and guide all my deeds so that I may always be a friend of Jesus and You.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on friendship with Jesus - Do I think of Jesus as a friend? He offers His friendship freely with so little effort on my part. Resolve to think and relate to Jesus as a friend while showing respect for His greatness as God and my relationship with Him will be so much personal and joyful.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 15.18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment