Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5.11.11

Lectio; Jn 6. 44-51

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world." Jn 6.51

"O God, Your ways are mysterious but marvelous.
I remember Jesus declared He was the living bread and His bread is His flesh that He gives for the life of the world - How mysterious! How awesome!
Grant that I may always realize that when I receive the Eucharist, I am receiving the life of Christ and His life means eternal life for me.

Operatio: Reflect on the Eucharist - focus on it as the life of Christ - What a gift! It is the "medicine of immortality" as declared by the early Church Fathers and how right they were!

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 6.52-59

No comments:

Post a Comment