Thursday, May 12, 2011

5.12.11

Lectio; Jn 6. 52-59

"The Jews quarreled among themselves saying, ‘How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat’?” Jn 6.52

"O God, You know our needs and our ultimate need.
I remember Jesus gave us His very self so we could take Him within us so we could have You and the Holy Spirit, too.
Grant that I may always receive the Eucharist with great gratitude and reverence for it is in You, with You and through Jesus we have eternal life.

Operatio: Reflect on the Eucharist and the indivisibility of the Trinity - When I receive the Eucharist, I receive the Father and the Holy Spirit as well as Jesus - How mysterious! How wonderful? May I always receive the Eucharist with gratitude and joy that I am now sharing in the life of the Trinity in the here and the now.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 15.9-17

No comments:

Post a Comment