Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5.10.11

Lectio: Jn 6.35-40

Meditatio: “For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him [on] the last day.” Jn 6.40

Oratio: "O God, You give us so much for so little return on our part.
I remember Jesus proclaimed eternal life for everyone who believes in Him - how generous of You for our act of faith in Your Son. Grant that I may live the faith I profess in Your Son so that my belief in Him may be sincere.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on where I see the Son? - The Eucharist is the obvious - but do I see Him in the sick, the poor, the outcast - There He is as well. In prayer ask God to give spiritual sight that is 20-20 so that I my lived faith will be authentic.
Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 6.44-51

No comments:

Post a Comment