Sunday, May 29, 2011

5.28.11

Lectio: Jn 15.26-16.4a

"When the Advocate comes whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth that proceeds from the Father, he will testify to me.” Jn15.26

"O God, You know that is difficult for us to know what is true but You have provided a solution for this when it comes to knowing what is important about You and Your wishes.

I remember Jesus sent the Advocate, the Spirit of Truth, from You and Him to testify for Your Son and His message. What a boon for us!
Grant that I may be always open to the Spirt especially as He is present in the infallible pronouncements fo the Pope or in the Church’s Ecumenical Councils.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the truth about God - Where did I first learn it? Where do I now look for it? Do I believer the Holy Spirit guides the Church and us through the Church? Resolve, to accept all that the Church teaches about God and about God’s wishes as that will assure me the guidance of the Spirit in my journey to the Father.
Tomorrow’s reading: Jn Lk 1.39-56

No comments:

Post a Comment