Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5.17.11

Lectio; Jn 12.44-50

"I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness.” Jn 12.42

"O God, how generous You are!

I remember You sent Your only Son as a Light for us so that we would not be in the dark as to who You are and what You want and so that we might bask in Your light forever.

Grant that I may always see Jesus as the Light of the World and keep His words for they eternal light and life.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the darkness that would pervade if Jesus had not come. How did Jesus’ coming illumine things? Then thank God for sending us such a Loving Light.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 13.16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment