Monday, May 23, 2011

5.23.11

Lectio: Jn 14.27-31a

"Peace, I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” Jn 14. 27

"O God, how far surpassing in quality are Your gifts to us.

I remember Jesus gave us His peace - Yours - and is not simply an absence of conflict but the everlasting Messianic peace of the kingdom - How awesome and wonderful!

Grant that I may always keep the commandments and live day by day as a man of peace and come one day to enjoy Your everlasting peace.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “peace” - Peace is a result of right relationship with God, others and self. Resolve to strive to live in such relationships and thereby live this life as a person of peace and a sign of the everlasting peace to come.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 15.1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment