Monday, May 9, 2011

5.09.11

Lectio: Jn 6.30-35

Meditatio: “For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” Jn 6.33

Oratio: "O God, You know how obtuse we are and yet you continue to deal with us so patiently.
I remember the crowds following Jesus saw He had fed 5000 and cured many people, yet they still demanded a “sign” from Him comparable to the manna that Moses had provided for their forefathers as they journeyed to the Promised Land; and Jesus replied by declaring He was the Bread of Life that gives everlasting life.
Grant that I may stop putting You to the test and be grateful for Your supreme gift - the Eucharist.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the Eucharist- Do I see it as God’s gift which so far surpasses the manna He gave to the Israelites in the desert? Do I realize the magnitude of this gift and the continuing giving it represents? Resolve to partake of the Eucharist frequently and to give thanks whenever I do for this gift that will sustain me forever and show that gratitude by being Eucharist; i.e., Christ for others.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 6.35-40

No comments:

Post a Comment