Sunday, May 8, 2011

5.08.11

Lectio: Jn 6.22-29

Meditatio: “Do not work for food that perishes but for food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him the Father, God, has set his seal.” Jn 6.27

Oratio: "O God, in Your providential care You have provided well for us for our journey back to You.
I remember Jesus gave us the food, the Eucharist, His very self, so it would see us through this life into eternal life - how kind and generous and considerate!
Grant that I may partake of the Eucharist frequently so that I may have Jesus’ life within me to sustain me now and forever.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the Eucharist- Do I realize it is the Bread of Life that sustains me and enables me to do good now and reside with God, who is all-good, for eternity? Do I show the proper reverence and awe when I receive it? Resolve to always give thanks and praise to God for the food that sustains me for eternal life which begins in the here and the now.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 6.30-35

No comments:

Post a Comment