Saturday, May 14, 2011

5.13.11

Lectio; Jn 15.9-17

"If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.” Jn 15.10

"O God, You have made it so clear what we must do to remain in Your love which You freely give.
I remember Jesus said that we are to keep His commandments and we will remain in His love - and His love is Your love, too.
Grant that I may always do Your will so that I may remain in Your love and my joy will be complete.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on love - Isn’t it a matter of submitting one’s will to the will of the beloved? Isn’t it seeking the good of the beloved for the beloved’s sake and not for what one gets out of it? Despite this other thrust, isn’t there a wonderful reciprocity in mutual love? Isn’t God’s love so much more? Resolve to be ever grateful for the unmerited love that God offers and gives to us and out of love strive to keep His commandments.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 10.1-10

P.S. Today is the memorial of Our Lady of Fatima. This memorial of Our Lady of Fatima marks the first of several appearances of Our Lady to 3 young shepherd children in which she called for repentance, conversion and peace and the daily saying of the rosary and the five first Saturday devotions. Before her last appearance she announced that she would give a clear sign that she was appearing to the children on October 13, 1917. On that day she gave a great sign from heaven - “the sun danced” according to the local newspaper and the people in the muddy field and in a drenching rain where all dried when it happened instead of being incinerated based on scientific calculations of the amount of heat that would have been needed in order to have such a drying effect in such a short period of time. What a great event! What great reinforcement for our faith! Ave Maria!


5.14.11

Lectio; Jn 10.1-10

"The gatekeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice, as he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.” Jn 10.3

"O God, there are billions of us - yet You know each of us and our concerned for each of us - how kind of You!
I remember Jesus, used the figure of speech of His being a shepherd and coming for us as sheep - but He didn’t simply call out to us generically, but He called each by name.
Grant that I may be ever grateful and joyful that I am known by name to You and not simply a number.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on Jesus as the Good Shepherd - He knows me by name! What does that tell me about Jesus? What does it tell me about myself? How does Jesus call me by name? How do I respond? Rejoice in being so wonderfully known and blest.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 10.11-18

No comments:

Post a Comment