Saturday, May 7, 2011

5.07.11

Lectio: Lk 24.13-35

Meditatio: “Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.” Lk 24.35

Oratio: "O God, hospitality has always been a hallmark of the people You have chosen.
I remember Jesus endorsed hospitality when He made Himself known in the two disciples in Emmaus because they invited Him to have a meal with them even though they only thought He was a fellow traveler.
Grant that I may be always hospitable to the stranger for who knows, the stranger may be Jesus or an emissary from Jesus.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on hospitality - Remember Jesus told us that whatever we do for the least, we do for Him. Resolve to make hospitality a mark of who I am for that is what God wants of me and God in turn will be more than hospitable to me as we learn in the parable of the goats and sheep at the last judgment.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 6.22-29

No comments:

Post a Comment