Sunday, May 22, 2011

5.22.11

Lectio: Jn 14.21-26

"Jesus answered and said to him [Judas, not the Iscariot], ‘Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him’.” Jn 14. 23

"O God, what marvelous things You do for the little we do for You.

I remember Jesus told one of his disciples that we if we love Him and keep His commandments, both He and You will dwell within us - How generous of both of You.

Grant that I may always love You in all I do, in my thoughts, in words, in my deeds, and always use the commandments as a guide for the acts of love You and Your Son want from me.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the indwelling of the Father and the Son in the here and now. It is not just in the reception of the Eucharist that this indwelling occurs. But wonderfully it is also occurs whenever I keep the commandments. Resolve to be mindful of the indwelling of the Trinity whenever I keep a commandment and rejoice in the presence of all three.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 14.27-31a

No comments:

Post a Comment