Saturday, May 28, 2011

5.28.11

Lectio: Jn 14.15-21

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always.” Jn 14.16

"O God, how kind and gracious of You to continually watch over and protect and guide us.

I remember Jesus said He would not leave them orphans but that You would give us the Holy Spirit Who would be with us always - what a gift!
Grant that I may be always aware of the Holy Spirit dwelling with in me and allow Him t have full sway in my life and so live as a true child of Yours.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit - He was first given to me at my Baptism so that I would have divine life; He was next given me in at my Confirmation to strengthen me to live well the divine life that is within me; He comes to me every time I receive the Eucharist for He and Jesus and the Father are One in the Godhead. Resolve to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit for His promptings are for my growth and the growth of others.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 15.26-16.4a

No comments:

Post a Comment